Information & Deadlines
- Kentucky CEC has budgeted $650 for each mini-grant award. As of 2021-2022, there will be a total of ten mini-grants available.
- You must be a current KYCEC member to be eligible to apply for this mini-grant. Indirect funds like clerical fees or institution fees may not be taken from the awarded amount.
- The following priority areas have been designated: 1) teacher training; 2) membership; and 3) development and implementation of model programs.
- The proposal must address an identified need, a rationale, a description of the proposed project, and a budget. To apply, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Email (work)
- CEC member number
- Home address
- Phone number
- School address and phone number
- Proposal area
- Project proposal
- Evaluation procedure
- Estimated budget
- Whether additional funds will be used
- Information will be sent out to members periodically through emails and newsletters. The deadline for mini-grant proposals is March 1st, 2022, or thereafter if allotted funds are still available. Written notice of approval or disapproval will be sent by the Mini-Grant Chair to the contact person upon review of the proposals. For questions or additional information, contact the Mini-Grants Chair Ramona Karsner at email@example.com.
- Grants proposals will be competitive. Therefore, close adherence to the format, written communication skills and the specifics of the proposal’s content will all be factors considered by the review committee.
- Award recipients agree to submit a summary and an evaluation of the mini-grant activity. By accepting a mini-grant, you are expected to submit an article for publication in the KY CEC newsletter which summarizes and evaluates the mini-grant award. You also will be asked to attend the Exceptional Children's Conference in November to report your project activities funded by the mini-grant award.
- All proposals should be submitted electronically through the KYCEC website. To apply, click here.
Last Updated: 18 January, 2021