MINI GRANT AWARDS GUIDELINES/ PROPOSAL FORM
KENTUCKY COUNCIL FOR EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN
Chapter/ Subdivision: Mini-grant Awards
1. Kentucky CEC has budgeted $650 for each mini-grant award. There will be a total of ten mini-grants available.
2. The following priority areas have been designated: 1) teacher training; 2) membership; and 3) development and implementation of model programs.
3. The proposal must address an identified need, a rationale, a description of the proposed project and a budget. To apply, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Email (work)
- CEC member number
- Home address
- Phone number
- School address and phone number
- Proposal area
- Project proposal
- Evaluation procedure
- Estimated budget
- Whether additional funds will be used
4. A copy of the form for submitting a proposal is attached. Deadline for submitting proposals is March 1, 2023. Written notice of approval or disapproval will be sent to the contact person upon review of the proposal. Please note the proposals will be considered on a first come, first awarded basis.
5. Grant proposals will be competitive. Therefore, close adherence to the format, written communication skills and the specifics of the proposal’s content will all be factors considered by the review committee.
6. Grant proposals require permission from your Director of Special Education. Please be sure to double check with your DoSE regarding if this grant application requires your board of education approval prior to submission.
7. Grant awards remain with the school and district and are not awarded directly to the teacher that applies. For example, if you are a teacher in Anderson County and then transfer to Mason County during the summer, the grant monies and materials will remain with Anderson County.
8. Award recipients must agree to fulfill the following:
- Submit an article for the spring newsletter which summarizes and evaluates the mini-grant activity AND/OR
- Attend the Fall Conference with a report of activities funded by the mini-grant award.
- Award recipients must receive approval from a special education director (teachers) or other supervisor.
- Award funds must be used for intended purpose only, no indirect costs are allowed.
All proposals should be submitted electronically through the KYCEC website. To apply, click here.
For any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Ramona Karsner, KYCEC Mini Grants Chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org).